It is no secret that motorcycle accidents can result in serious injury and death. In fact, motorcyclists are at least 20 times more likely to die in a crash than someone in a car.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of fatalities has been rising in recent years as the popularity of motorcycles continues to grow. At Abramson & O’Connell, LLC, our motorcycle accident attorneys have years of experience assisting and helping victims rebuild their lives after an accident. Please schedule a complimentary telephone consultation if you’d like to discuss your case.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a number of other potential causes in which another party may be at fault, including:
- Other motorists and drivers of large trucks moving into the lane of a motorcycle
- Poor street lighting or overall roadway design
- Distracted drivers
- Inexperienced drivers (this can be the case with motorcycle-large truck collisions)
- Aggressive driving
- Driver fatigue
- Impaired driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Equipment failure, including misalignment of motorcycle tires
- Defective motorcycle or other vehicle design
- Poor road maintenance, such as potholes, debris or oil slicks in the road, etc.
Compensation for Serious Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Victims of motorcycle accidents caused by someone else’s wrongdoing have the right to make a claim for financial compensation. Damages may be recovered for:
- Medical expenses, including physical therapy and all types of rehabilitation
- Loss of income now and in the future
- Emotional and physical pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and permanent disability
- Loss of quality of life
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, contacting a qualified motorcycle accident attorney is a critical first step.