Serious workplace injuries can potentially change the life and financial situation of a worker and his or her family in an instant.
In addition to struggling with pain, a victim of a catastrophic workplace injury may face a sudden loss of income and be unable to work in the future. Special in-home care may even be needed for the rest of a victim’s life, just to perform day-to-day functions. In some cases, death results from workplace accidents.
The workplace injury lawyers at Abramson & O’Connell, LLC are dedicated to helping workers who have been seriously injured on the job site. In fact, we have more than 60 years of combined experience in the accident injury field and understand the necessity and complexity of looking beyond workers’ compensation to determine whether other parties have responsibility for a construction accident or another type of workplace accident.
Causes of Workplace Accidents
Following are just some of the most common causes of severe workplace accidents that can lead to life-changing injuries:
- Defective machinery
- Unsafe machinery modifications
- Poor equipment maintenance or repair
- Lack of safety measures or failure to follow safety precautions
- Lack of worker training
- Inadequately secured objects
- Continued chemical or other toxic chemical exposure
- Failure to warn of safety hazards
Types of Serious Workplace Injuries
Some of the injuries that can result from serious workplace injuries include:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord or other neck and back injury (paralysis)
- Facial or other disfigurement
- Burn injury
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Organ damage, such as to the heart or lungs
- Occupational-related diseases such as lung cancer
- Amputation of limbs
If you have suffered a serious workplace injury, you need the counsel of an experienced accident injury lawyer as soon as possible in order to seek the full compensation your situation warrants. We invite to call us at 614-461-6066 or send us an email inquiry.